“Striving for all of our boys to reach their full potential in a high performing school”
Our Vision outlines the high aspirations we have for our ALL of our students. To support this, we have designed six pillars that assist us in our planning, delivery, monitoring and performance:
- Quality of Education
- Behaviour and Attitudes
- Personal Development
- Leadership and Management
Each pillar has its own development plan, attached members of the Leadership Team and a Link Governor. It is our collective responsibility to make our vision a reality, and we continue to abide by our philosophy that ‘we are all learners’, as we constantly strive to build upon our achievements.
To strive to provide the highest quality education which allows all of our students to thrive academically and personally.
At King Edward VI King’s Norton School for Boys we:
- provide a safe and secure environment where all individuals are valued
- deliver a broad and rich curriculum with stimulating learning experiences, which develop independent and aspirational learners
- equip our students with life-long and transferable skills to prepare them for the responsibilities and challenges of adult life
- develop kind, thoughtful and respectful citizens who have a strong sense of self-worth and emotional resilience
- cultivate in our students a strong sense of pride and belonging in our school and enable them to make a positive contribution to their community
- challenge and support all of our students so that they achieve success, ensuring that none are limited by their background or circumstances.
Our ‘STRIVE’ values underpin the work of staff and students:
From our daily routines to our long-term goals, they are all influenced by these values, which influence our actions and decisions day in, day out.
We interweave the British and fundamental human values of democracy, rule of law, individual liberty, mutual respect, tolerance and kindness, to ensure a comprehensive approach to everything we do.
Our Strategic Priorities 2023/2024
Pillar 1: Quality of Education
- Refine our QA approaches to maintain the best approaches to learning over time
- Further embed the Professional Development from the EFA programme and best practices to support the monitoring of student understanding
- Continue to refine our assessment processes and enhance our systematic use of data to support our boys to reach their potential
- Enhance opportunities for cross curricular work
Pillar 2: Behaviour, Attitudes & Attendance
- Refine our use of data to identify obstacles to progress and prioritise intervention and resources
- Enhance the menu of support for identified students to get back on track and flourish
- Continue our focus on consistency and reflective practice
- Further develop the staff toolkit to enhancing positive behaviour management
Pillar 3: Personal Development & Community
- Continue to build the Personal Development Curriculum offer, responding to the needs of our students and community
- Review and enhance our extra curricular offer, spreading the current best practice, supporting disadvantaged & vulnerable students to access our extra curricular offer
- Maximise the impact and of student leadership
- Build greater links with our local community
Pillar 4: Leadership, Management & Governance
- Maintain our school identity and ethos as we enter a MAT, ensuring that King Edward VI King’s Norton School for Boys remain proud of, their work place
- Further build on leadership at all levels through enhanced opportunity and the Professional Development Plans
- Develop further cohesive and ambitious strategies to address areas of need e.g., Raising Achievement, Narrowing the Gap, support well being.