Through our Office 365 Student Advantage agreement with Microsoft, King Edward VI King’s Norton School for Boys is able to provide students with access to Microsoft Office 365 Pro Plus at no cost.
What is a Microsoft Office 365 Pro Plus subscription?
A Microsoft Office 365 Pro Plus subscription is a rental license for the complete suite of Office applications comprising Word , Excel , PowerPoint , OneNote , Access , Publisher , Outlook and InfoPath.
This automatically updatable, subscription-based software ensures King Edward VI King’s Norton School for Boys students always have the latest version of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, and more at home.
Students are able to:
- Install Office 365 Pro Plus on up to 5 compatible PCs and Macs, plus 5 tablets
- Use the OneDrive facility for automatic syncing
PLEASE NOTE: By taking advantage of this benefit you accept responsibility for the installation, configuration and support of the software offered. KNBS is unable to offer technical support on personal home computers.
How to get it:
- You must be a current student.
- Access is integrated to your @knbs.co.uk e-mail address.
- Login to your @knbs.co.uk email account using your school username and password.
- Click the ‘cog’ icon in the top-right corner.
- Select “Office 365 Settings” from the drop-down menu.
- On the Office 365 Settings page click “Software” then “Office” from the menu on the left.
- Choose your language from the drop-down menu and then click “Install”.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation and start using the software.
Once installed, the application will contact Microsoft every month to ensure you still have an active student account. When you are no longer a student at KNBS the software will enter “Reduced Functionality Mode” which means you can view documents but cannot create or edit them.
Should you require any assistance with this facility, please contact:
Mr L Smith
ICT Network Manager